Friday, February 09, 2007

It's almost the weekend...

...and not a moment too soon!

I've had a hectic, hectic week. At times today I've felt like screaming (not good). I ended up leaving work early (i.e. on time - good) and brought work home with me (again - not good). I've been to the supermarket, which was heaving with people shopping for the weekend so I had to queue for ages at the checkout (not good) but the taxi I ordered to take me & my shopping home arrived within minutes (very good) and what's more, the taxi driver carried all my bags through to the hallway so that they wouldn't get muddy by the front door (very very good).

My friends Loops and Jasmin who I've not seen for ages are coming round tonight for dinner, drinks and The Devil Wears Prada (excellent). I've already put three bottles of wine in the fridge: our favourite White Zinfandel, an Italian Verdicchio and a German Liebfraumilch. I've got a selection of tapenades for starters and some lovely meringues from Konditor & Cook which I'll make a dessert with. All we have to do is decide where to order the main course from.

We'll eat, chat, chill out and drink wine. We may even watch the movie. What better way to spend a Friday evening?

2 comments:

Margarita said...

What a nice taxi driver!

I totally understand hectic week. The only positive thing that happened at work today (other than the fact that it was Friday), was free baklava!

Tinsie said...

Hey, free baklava is a very good thing! Lucky you xxx