Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's a month of birthdays!


You know how in theory your friends' & family's birthdays should be spread throughout the year? Well, mine aren't. They either happen in October/November, or March/April. It's really weird. There are practically no birthdays to celebrate in the summer, or at the beginning of the year. October is particularly busy, first around 12th-17th (for the Libras) then around 23rd-29th (for the Scorpios). This year I've been really bad about sending birthday cards, as our Post Office has been on strike on and off since the beginning of the month - something I posted 19 days ago finally arrived at its destination yesterday, and that was inland and first class.

I've been sending emails and Facebook messages instead, which I know is not the same, so I thought I'd do a post specially for my friends who celebrated/are celebrating/are about to celebrate a birthday this month, with extra-special greetings for those who reached the big 3-0 this year :-)



A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY MESSAGE GOES TO:

Lucy
Elena
Kostas
Raquel
Oana
Delphine
Eirene
Dimitris


Hope you have/had a fab birthday and wishing you all the very best for the next 12 months and beyond!

Tinsie xxx

8 comments:

Karen said...

I know what you mean! I swear, everyone I've even known, and especially everyone I'm related to, was born either right before or after Christmas, or in the month of March. Sometimes I think my March gift budget is as big as the Christmas budget.

Sausage, Cheddar, Apple & Sage Crustless Quiche

4 large eggs
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tsps. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp.ground black pepper
Filling:
8 ounces breakfast sausage
1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
1/4 tsp. dried rubbed sage
6 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) grated sharp cheddar cheese

Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and break up; fry until brown, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander set over a bowl to catch the drippings. Return 2 Tbs. drippings to the skillet. Sauté apple until golden,3 to 4 minutes. Add to colander.

Grease a 9-inch pie plate. Adjust oven rack to center position, and heat oven to 400 degrees.

Whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in herbs, cheese and browned sausage/apple. Pour mixture into the greased pie plate; bake until just set, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.

Anonymous said...

Just a reminder.It's also Tinsie's birthday this month on the 31st of October. So don't forget to wish her a Happpy Birthday:-)

The Quiche sounds delicious.Must try it.
Filia!!!!

mk@tokyo said...

hi Tinsie, Thanks for dropping me a msg at my blog! Actually I have the same problem too. Gonna have a birthday party next week to celebrate 3 friends bday!

Betty Carlson said...

This is a cute idea and I love the first image.

It's kind of the same with me: four significant birthdays in November, two in December, and both of my parents in January. But the top prize goes to my immediate family (hubby and children) -- all four of us have birthdays within two and a half weeks in June!

I'm the last one, so by the time mine rolls around, everyone is pretty fed up with celebrating and nothing much happens.

Tinsie said...

I'm *so* glad it's not just me :-)

@ Karen: I know what you mean about March's budget being like the Xmas budget. In fact, March is like Xmas full stop if the number of presents and cards around the house is anything to go by!

Many thanks for the recipe. I'll give it a try when I'm feeling adventurous and see how I get on.

@ Kathy: Oh no, the cat's out of the bag! I wasn't even planning on celebrating this year.

@ MK@Tokyo: 3-in-1 sounds like fun!

@ Betty: Four birthdays in two and a half weeks sounds overly keen ;-) At least in my immediate family it's just my mum and I that have b'days close together.

I suppose one way round it would be to celebrate all birthdays at the same time :-)))))

Shionge said...

How sweet...Happy Birthday to all your pals ya!!

MAKE U MAKE UP said...

What a cute (and practical) thought indeed! Well, thanks for the b'day wishes I will tell you all about my fantastic day! xxx Eirene

Tinsie said...

Happy birthday, Eirene! Hope you're having a good one :-)