Monday, October 22, 2007

Food for thought

While I'm killing an hour or two till it's time to have dinner, I thought I'd answer a questionnaire about food that I found in Sarah's blog.

1. How do you like your eggs? I'm not that keen on eggs.
2. How do you take your coffee/tea? White, 1 sugar.
3. Favorite breakfast food: I don't eat breakfast. At a push, I'll have Greek yoghurt and honey, or a bacon sandwich.
4. Peanut butter - smooth or crunchy? Smooth. On a bagel, with papaya jam. Yummie.
5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Vinaigrette.
6. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke.
7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Soup or pasta.
8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Pepperoni or something Greek-style (fresh tomatoes, green peppers, feta cheese and black olives).
9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Probably soup. Or sweet and sour pork chops.
10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Tomato soup like my dad used to make.
11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? How can food be associated with bad memories?
12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Spaghetti carbonara reminds me of hubby because he used to cook it all the time for me when we first met :-)
Apple strudel reminds me of my friends at uni (you know who you are!).
13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? I don't eat lamb and I'm not too keen on artichokes
14. What was your favorite food as a child? Lentil or cheekpea soup.
15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? Nope, my tastes have pretty much stayed the same over the years.
16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? I've gone off cheekpeas somewhat.
17. Favorite fruit and vegetable: Watermelon. Tomato.
18. Favorite junk food: Chocolate.
19. Favorite between meal snack: Fruit (but I usually end up eating biscuits or chocolate or chocolate biscuits).
20. Do you have any weird food habits? I eat aubergines raw and I like crunchy fruit rather than juicy ones. I love crunchy nectarines.
21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Pasta or soup.
22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? Pasta, soup, pizza, cheese and chocolate.
23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Medium to hot.
24. Can I get you a drink? I'll have a pomegranate juice or a strawberry mochito, please!
25. Red wine or white? Rose. Preferably White Zinfandel.
26. Favorite dessert? Ice-cream.
27. The perfect nightcap? Coffee with Baileys or spiced Chai with extra milk.

Anyone else want to share your foody thoughts with us?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll use the numbers of the questions:
1)I love scrambled eggs with feta cheese and fresh tomato.Very delish.
2)Coffee with milk and half sugar
3)Breakfast:Fitness cereal with bits of dark chocolate and reduced lactose milk(have slight problem)
4)Smooth peanut butter
5)Vinaigrette.Not keen on heavy dressings on my salad
6)Regular Coke-I think Pepsi and Coke light taste too sweet
7)sth simple:tuna fish with salad, eggs or soup
8)Pizza:Greek style or vegetarian maybe a bit of ham
9)I make awesome fried chicken with rice veggies and potatoes. I am also well known for my tortelini carbonara.
10)French fires with fried eggs sunny side up because I spent a aummer with my grandparents when I was 14 and my grandmother made this for me at least 5 times a week:-)
11)Broad beans(koukia)My mother made me eat them once when I was young and I was sick for two days.Can't even smell them now without getting quesy.
12)Greek salad with feta cheese reminds me of my grandfather because that's what we ate together every night one summer I spent with him the year he passed away.
13)Hate:anything that ciomes from the inside of an animal and okra Yuck!!!!!
14)As a child I loved bagels(still do) and rast beef with tonnes of gravy I llloooovvved gravy.The plate would be swimming in it:-)
15)spinach,green beans and aubergines.
16)articokes and chickpeas
17)apples,grapes, watermelons-Ilove fruit
18)ice-cream especially frozen yoghurt
19)crackers with cheese,fruit,chocolate and dry cereal(don't ask)
20)I love peanutbutter and banana sandwiches as well as peanutbutter with celery stalls.Grapes,rusks and yellow cheese(graviera)
21)veggies and fruit
22)Off a diet? Everything knowing me but I guess a good quality burger
23)Definitely mild
24)Cappuccino fresso please preferably by the beach:-)
25)White wine with sprite
26)Ice cream and apple pie
27)A glass of Ursus vodka with cranberry juice sounds lovely.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the spelling mistakes I was typing fast.
I'd definitely wouldn't get a job as a secretary,would I? :-)

Tinsie said...

Ursus with cranberry juice coming right up!

Cheers :-)

Margarita said...

1. Omelet with lots of cheese, or scrambled with lots of cheese
2. with 2 Splendas and a generous dash of half and half
3. Vanilla yogurt bar or biscuit with sausage
4. smooth. Very smooth. On good hearty bread with grape jelly
5. Balsamic Vinaigrette or Blue Cheese
6. Pepsi Max
7. Frozen Pizza
8. Chicken/Spinach/Mushrooms
9. Thai Curry or Fajitas
10. Scrambled eggs over chips reminds me of cousin sleepovers. Spanakopita, of Saturday morning cleaning marathons
11. Spaghetti bolonaise.. my mom made it once and it was HORRIBLE, that she had to toss it away, it took us years to make or order that dish again!
12. Thai curry will always remind me of hubby and stuffed tomatoes will always remind me of Yaya.
13. Snails and Spam.
14. Chips with ketchup. I know, too nutritious! Oh wait, my mom's fake chouflee.
15. Not really, other than carrots
16. Nah, I still like what I liked back then.
17. Mango and racket
18. Prepacked coffeecakes. They are carb hell!
19. Yogurt bars, but I always ending up eating choc chip coffeecakes from the bagel store next door..
20. I really don't think so...
21. Granola bars, spring mix
22. Pizza and doughnuts
23. 5 out of 10
24. A mojito or a sangria would be fantastic. Or a good port or Frangelico in the winter. I tried this thing called a Naughty Redhead the other day, it had cranberry juice and Jaegermeister, quite yummy!
25. Rose and fruity. I cannot stand dry wines.
26. Something that involves chocolate and icecream will do the trick any day of the week. Cheesecake is a close second.
27. A big glass of chilled green tea (non alc) or a small glass of port.