Saturday, July 11, 2009

10 rules that only apply on screen

1. It's possible to have sex in the swimming pool, cry or have a cocktail thrown in your face without your make up bulging an inch.

2. If your lift breaks down, a hot, shirtless man will climb in through the roof and hand you a cold drink before rescuing you.

3. The smaller the town, the greater the number of cute men. At some point, two of them will have a fight over you in the street.


4. All weddings involve someone swooping in to halt the ceremony, one of the guests finding their soulmate and/or a punch up.

5. Even if you're a waitress on minimum wage, you go shopping mid-afternoon and can still afford a huge luxury flat.

6. It's impossible to decorate without a paint smudge on one cheek, a play fight with a sexy neighbour and an indoor picnic.

7. If you break up with a guy, you can spend weeks scoffing tubs of ice cream and huge pizzas - and still fit into your clothes.

8. Your mobile will only ever run out of battery if you happen to be kidnapped and are desperately trying to call for help.

9. Boring chores such as dusting, vacuuming, washing-up and cleaning the oven strangely don't exist.

10. The male friend you've never fancied but who's always there for you - and not gay - is really the love of your life.

This list was published in July's Cosmopolitan magazine.

9 comments:

Maria Verivaki said...

i always wondered on the validity of these rules - now i know, they only apply in movies...

Shionge said...

I wish I am always on screen ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha - good observations! p.s. I saw 'The Hangover' on Sun and thought it was v v funny! I'm up for 'The Proposal' having seen the trailer and a big plus is Betty White off the The Golden Girls is in it!?! OMG, where did they find her from!!!!
sandi x

stromsjo said...

#8 is spot-on! :)

Tinsie said...

@ Mediterranean Kiwi: Alas, that is exactly so!

@ Shionge: Don't we all ;-)

@ Sandi: The Proposal is good, I'm sure you'll love it! I was ambivalent about The Hangover, but I might give it a go, since it's got your seal of approval. Heh.

@ Per Stromsjo: I know! So so true.

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! that's really true. When I cry, all around my eyes is black and I look like a clown. Strange.

Tinsie said...

Obviously you're not on screen ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ok- on The Hangover - it is a bit crass so I'm not 100% you will like it.. :-?

Tinsie said...

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Perhaps I should wait till it comes out on DVD to be safe...