Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ho ho ho no more?


SYDNEY, Australia - Sydney's Santas have been asked to stop using the traditional "ho ho ho" this holiday season. It was reported that they were instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead.

One disgruntled Santa told the Daily Telegraph that he was warned not to say "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to a U.S. slang term for a prostitute. (WHAT?!!)

More here.

Question: Would you say the world's slowly going mad? Or is it me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good joke. Maybe Santa in this and other countries should learn his original language from Norway LoL

Btw: Glad I could give you a good restaurant recommendations in Brussels.

Tinsie said...

Well, it depends. What does "ho" mean in Norwegian? ;-)

I've already added the restaurant to my "must visit" list and will definitely keep it in mind for my next trip to Brussels. Takk!

Anonymous said...

I saw this today and thought of you
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20071214/tod-uk-badsanta-b7e5c6f_1.html

I wonder if the rogue elf has been writing hohoho back ;-)

Tinsie said...

Hahaha that's so funny!!

Well, maybe not if you're one of the 10 kids who got the nasty letters ;-)