Sunday, September 21, 2008

What we did with our spare weekend

As it happens, not a lot. The weather was unbelievably glorious, better in fact that it's been all through August and September so far, so we dug out our summer clothes from the bottom of the wardrobe and set off to enjoy our mini Indian summer.


Our travels took us to a number of drinking establishments with gardens (aka pubs)...


...and when we needed nourishment, we found some at the local Vietnamese restaurant.


The rest of the time, we spent lounging in the sun. All in all, it's been a great weekend, very enjoyable and very relaxing. I even managed to read the Sunday paper from start to finish, including all the supplements, with the sun shining on me.

If I remember correctly, the last time we got this much uninterrupted sunshine was at the end of July.

5 comments:

Betty Carlson said...

That Vietnamese food looks so great, so vegetable-laden!

My daughter and I are thinking of taking a crazy two-night trip to London in October; it would be nice if we got some sun for that!

Tinsie said...

Mmmm I wouldn't bank on it, the sun doesn't make an appearance very often in this part of the world. Which is a shame, as London looks so much better in the sunshine (then again it looks pretty good in the mist too). Let me know if you're looking for suggestions on places to see, things to do etc. I'd be happy to help :-)

Claire said...

I'm home with a cold, and that Vietnamese food is the first thing that's made me feel hungry in days. Thanks, hon!

Cxx

palmtreefanatic said...

sounds nice!

Tinsie said...

@ Claire: You're very welcome! Hope you feel better soon xxx

@ Palmtreefanatic: It was. Shame the weather didn't last :-(