Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wordless Wednesday 85


It seems I spoke too soon.

I didn't have any pictures this morning, but then I went to the bakery for a (very late) breakfast cheese pie and saw that they'd decorated their breads and cakes with Greek flags. Tomorrow is a major religious and national holiday so flags are the order of the day, but I'd never seen any on bread before! Needless to say, I had to return with my camera to take a photo.

There we are: Wordless Wednesday isn't pictureless any more. Or wordless for that matter. Hee hee.

8 comments:

stromsjo said...

Which reminds me, I should make myself a sandwich. Without any flag but reasonably tasty I hope.

Unknown said...

Great find! And all types of bread look fantastic!

Shionge said...

I can eat them all Tinsie...trust me ;)

Karen said...

So this is a new one. I did, in fact, realize it's Wednesday. I did come over, read both your posts, and apparently left without commenting.

Only in my mind, I had commented. I wanted details on breakfast. And on tomorrow's holiday.

I did give in to the siesta. One in the early afternoon and another in the warm truck during lacrosse practice. Now, at 9:10, I am going to BED. Tomorrow will be a better day!

Sandi said...

Tinsie, what's the name of the religious day today?

Tinsie said...

@ Per: So... how was it?

@ JM: They taste pretty good too.

@ Shionge: Me too :-)

@ Κaren: A new one indeed! I'd blame it on lack of sleep.

Yesterday's breakfast was tyropita, a type of pasty made with filo pastry and a cheese filling. Greeks tend to skip breakfast and many have a tyropita for 11's instead (lunch is at 2 PM).

@ Sandi/Karen: Today's holiday is the Annunciation (the revelation to Mary by the Archangel Gabriel that she would conceive the Son of God). It is also the anniversary of the start of the war for Greek Independence in 1821.

Trotter said...

Hi Tinsie! Flagbread? ;)

Mexico waits for you at Blogtrotter 2. Have a great weekend!!

Tinsie said...

"Flag bread" is pretty accurate :-)