Sunday, November 15, 2009

The food diaries: part 7 - Sunday lunch

This weekend's culinary highlight was Sunday lunch at one of my favourite haunts, Inside Restaurant in Greenwich. This time I went prepared, camera in pocket, so I was able to take photos of everything we had.


We had a three-course meal, starter, main and dessert. I started with haddock fishcakes and mustard sauce.


Hubby had the warm artichoke salad.


For our mains we chose chicken leg and beef fillet respectively.



Both beautifully presented and very tasty!


We washed them down with Diet Coke and a local lager, the appropriately named Meantime Pilsner. The Greenwich Brewery, where this beer is brewed, is located 0° 2' 12" east of the Greenwich Meridian.


For dessert, we had white chocolate brownie and New York-style cheesecake.


Both were very good, but the brownie was something else! I think I showed great restraint in only having one.

12 comments:

Margarita said...

The whole menu sounds fantastic! I'd be so torn between the brownie and the cheesecake, though!

Tinsie said...

Which is why I had the brownie, but also some of the cheesecake. It's great having a husband who lacks a sweet tooth ;-)

Mo said...

YUM

Anonymous said...

Look delicious! However, the portion seems a little small compared to what we have here. If you are on diet, it will be a challenge here :)

Margarita said...

US portions are totally out of control - though some chain restaurants (Chili's comes to mind) has initiated shotglass-sized desserts along with their larger offerings. Which is fine to have if combined with a healthier plate of food before it.

Tinsie said...

Awww I used to love Chili's desserts! We'd get one or two to share between 3-4 of us. Sadly, our Chili's closed down due to the recession, so no more jumbo desserts for us (just as well maybe).

Pub portions are usually quite generous, but gourmet cuisine portions are quite small. You should see French gourmet cuisine portions - they're positively tiny. A snack rather than a meal.

Margarita said...

How unfortunate! Chili's is one of my favourite chain restaurants, and they've initiated a 2 for $20 offer which includes a shared appetizer, two main courses and a shared dessert. In American portions, that's a lot of food!

Tinsie said...

I know! I was quite fond of Chili's too. They closed down months ago and are showing no sign of revival :-(

Karen said...

That brownie looks divine! I might have had to take one to go.

Tinsie said...

Don't put ideas into my head, I'm supposed to be on a diet too!!

Shionge said...

Love that brownie buddy :)

Tinsie said...

That brownie was divine!