I am honored to have been nominated by Karen for this post.
According to the rules, I get to list 7 things that I love and then pass the Kreativ Blogger Award on to 7 other friends. I think I might bend the rules a bit, as I don't like awards and some of the blogs I'll nominate aren't written by friends or people who even know me (so they will probably never know they've been awarded anything).
So here are 7 things I love:
1. Summer. I love the sun and sea and hot, dry weather. I like light clothes, bare legs, dangly bracelets, strappy sandals and platform flip flops. I adore blue skies, long summer days and eating al fresco. I crave summer even more because it's such a rare occurrence in the UK.
2. Travelling. I travelled a lot as a kid, and grew to hate the constant change of scenery. Then I realised that I loved seeing new places and the only way to do that was to travel. So I'm learning to love planes, trains and automobiles all over again.
3. Pictures. I love looking at images and creating them too. I have a huge postcard collection. When I was younger I painted a lot, now I take photos. I took almost 3,000 photos during my latest two-week break in the sun. Some of them will make their way into this blog or my other one. My favourite themes are scenic views and buildings. I love looking at buildings, inside and out. If I could do math, I'd have become an architect.
4. Ice cream and chocolate. Ice-cream is the food of the gods. I can survive on it alone, I swear. The only flavour I don't like is chocolate. Possibly also mint, but I've never tried it, so I can't be sure. I like chocolate bars, but only the milk kind, and I dislike all other chocolatey things - cake, muffins, biscuits, torte, mousse etc.
5. Books. Even books without pictures hehe ;-) but my favourite authors are those whose words make images IYKWIM. I like books about relationships the best. Books that talk about abstract things bore me. I'm a sucker for resolutions and happy endings.
6. Talking. Writing letters, emails and Facebook messages. Chatting. Having debates. Commenting on blogs. Posting in forums. Generally any opportunity I can get to exchange views, stories and ideas.
7. Dancing. Not so much watching others, as dancing myself. Over the years I've done traditional Greek, Irish, Latin, salsa, ballroom, ceroc, Egyptian and Bollywood dancing. My favourite are ceroc and Bollywood, because you don't have to worry too much about what your legs are doing! Irish dancing is the most tiring, as it's all legwork. I would have liked to learn Capoeira, but I think I'm probably too old to start now.
P.S. I love food too, but as I'm on a diet, I try not to think about it any more than I have to.
7 of my favourite blogs are: My baking addiction, Bad British Architecture, Daily Photo Stream, Ismoyo's Playground, Daisy Pink Cupcake, White Walls For Ever and La France Profonde.
If you'd like to talk about the 7 things *you* love, and your 7 favourite blogs, please consider yourselves tagged!