Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wedding season


I haven't had much time to post in the last week or so, as we've hit wedding season big time. First a family friend got married 10 days ago, then both my cousin and my brother got married within a week (not to each other, I hasten to add). As a result, our lives have been taken over by wedding preparations and the associated stresses. Thankfully all three weddings have gone well and I'm now looking forward to some chilling out time, preferably on a sandy beach.

I haven't been granted permission to publish the photos of the happy couples, so I thought I'd show you my brother's wedding favours. These are pouches made of tulle and fastened with a satin ribbon, which hold seven or nine sugared almonds, and are given to the guests at the end of the service. Once opened they look like this:


Yes, you can only see 5 sugared almonds - that's because I ate the other four before I took the photo.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum-sugared almonds brings back childhood memories ;) let's hope you get the exclusive rights to the pics before Hello! or OK! - we would all love to see them x

See you later today (!)

Sandi x

Tinsie said...

Gosh, it is later today, isn't it?! I keep thinking you're arriving on Wednesday night, but I guess that's tonight!!!

Worry not, I'll be there. Have a great flight xxx

Tinsie said...

P.S. I'm saving some sugared almonds for you ;-)

Karen said...

Seven OR nine? Is that because they like some guests better than others?

Tinsie said...

Haha no way! All the favours for the same wedding have the exact same number of almonds, but the couple choose how many to have when they choose the design. Most couples go for either 7 or 9, some have only 5, a few have as many as 11 or 13. It has to be an odd number - no idea why.

palmtreefanatic said...

I loved weddings and sugared almonds? You are so lucky! YUMMY!