Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What season did you say this is?

It's cold, dark, wet, windy and miserable, I've just turned the heating on and I'm debating whether to have soup or stew for dinner. According to Wunderground, it's 15C out there, with 88% humidity. Surely this can't be summer? Surely I must have got the seasons wrong?

Either that or I've been transported to Australia when I wasn't looking.

I hope you're having better weather wherever you are. Enjoy it while it lasts, folks, and whatever it is that you're unhappy with, be it a bit of grey or too much sunshine, spare a thought for those of us who've had 3 months of autumn and are bracing ourselves for another 3 months of the same. Bah humbag!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Has anyone had a nice summer? We left Vegas and it was 116 Farenheit, and now Alabama is above 100 with 90% humidity. I thank God for the neighborhood swimming pool, the weather is killing me.

Tinsie said...

You're quite right, everyone's been complaining about the weather this year - too hot, too cold, too wet or too humid. Personally I like it hot and dry, but I'd take hot and humid over cold and wet and humid. London's 15 C (59F) with 97% (!!) relative humidity at the moment, and it's just awful. I've had to turn the heating on just to get the washing dry (and take the chill off the air).

Bike Drool said...

Is that the "Morton Salt" lady? ...weird.

I cannot believe you are complaining that it is too cool in London. Grrrr! ;-)

Karen said...

Just read that you had sun for the Notting Hill Carnival. Hope you were there soaking it up!!

Shionge said...

Oh wow the world is changing Tinsie...today we have a terrible torrential rain and most places were flooded too :(

Betty Carlson said...

Weather was horrible in France in May and June; mediocre in Washington State all summer; now I'm back in France and it is raining and cool. Some summer! I'm with you!

Shionge said...

Yo Tinsie..we have sunshine & rain all year round but I would love to experience snow someday. I only had them once up in the mountains in Switzerland.

Tinsie said...

@ Daniel: What can I say, I like my summer to feel like summer rather than autumn ;-)

@ Karen: Nah, Notting Hill Carnival's not really my kind of thing. The weather was lovely though :-)

@ Shionge: I love snow too, but we don't get much in England. Maybe a sprinkling a couple of times a year if we're lucky. We had lots of floods this summer though, so my heart goes out to you.

@ Betty: Sounds as if France and the UK enjoyed the same luscious summer this year. How fab - not!

Anonymous said...

Tinsie - you had the heating on in AUGUST??? Are you mad? What about putting a jumper on instead and saving the environment (and money).

Tinsie said...

I tried it. It was too cold, so the environment had to suffer this time, sorry :-p