I was tagged by Palm Tree Fanatic Tina last month, while I was on holiday. Due to being away and being all over the place for a couple of weeks after I got back, it's taken me a while to respond (sorry, Tina!) but here goes:
1. Why did you start blogging?
My friend Erica put me up to it. She used to have quite a popular blog at one time, but doesn't post any more.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world with no restriction of costs, where would it be and why?
Hawaii. I've been interested in it since watching Hawaii 5-0 as a child. Later on I read Paradise News by David Lodge, which is set in Hawaii, and the idea stuck. And I have a thing for palm trees and blue seas. Plus Hawaii is sufficiently far away from my part of the world, I'll only ever visit if I have unlimited funds!
3. Did you have a teacher in school that had a great influence on your life? If so, what?
I've been really lucky, I've had lots of excellent teachers, all the way from primary school through to college. Can't really say one stood out, because all of them were special in different ways. I still have a soft spot for my first teacher in primary school, she taught us for the first 3 years and she was awesome! She's the one who first taught me to work methodically.
4. If you could spend the day with a famous person, who would it be, and what would you do?
I'd like to meet Barack Obama, just to talk to him. He seems like someone with a GSOH, so I don't think we'll need extra entertainment - just a table, two comfy chairs, a coffee pot and two cups. If I'm lucky, perhaps he'll introduce me to the wife, too.
5. Toilet paper — over or under?
If this means what I think it means, over.
6. Name one thing in your life that you would do over if possible.
I'd stress less over the small things and even less over the bigger things.
7. Tell about your pets — if any.
8. Do you live in a small town or a large town?
I live in a big city and I love it. I like being surrounded by people.
Apparently I can tag others to answer the same questions, but since the chain is well and truly broken now, please feel free to tag yourselves! Let me know if you do, as I'd love to read your answers.