Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back to reality with a thump

Hey guys, apologies for the silence! I've been on holiday on and off for the last month and as a result my blogging has suffered somewhat. I've spent time in Corfu and Cyprus with intermediate stops in London and Athens, so it's been quite a whirlwind.

My latest destination was the sunny island of Cyprus. Returning to the miserable UK weather after 9 days of glorious sunshine and temperatures in the 30's hasn't been easy - I feel I've crashed back into reality. Really missing the sun, which I've not seen since 4:45 PM on Monday 13/9 when our plane took off from Larnaca airport. I've come back with the best tan I've had in ages, but there's not even a ray of sunshine to help maintain it, let alone top it up. It's depressing.

I think I'm suffering with post-holiday blues. Sigh.

6 comments:

Sandi said...

Thanks for pre-warning me!!! I'm going to be going green when I see you tonight with your glorious tan :( I'm SO jealous!!!!!

Tinsie said...

Don't worry Sandi. After 4 days with no.sunshine.whatsoever my tan is already fading... :-(

palmtreefanatic said...

as long as u enjoyed urself no apologies needed! we missed u:)

stromsjo said...

Contrasts make the world go round? Or our lives, at least.

Puss-in-Boots said...

I hate that coming back with a bump reality thingy. Sooo depressing. It's raining here and everyone's sick of it...not like our tropical city at all.

Karen said...

You were missed!

I'm doing a bit of thumping myself this week, after a glorious, unexpected, 4-day trip to NYC.

Sigh.