Monday, July 26, 2010

I love the weatherman

This is such a fab summer, and it's set to continue the same way. Look at what the mid-range forecast says:

There are indications that many places should continue the trend towards generally drier and sunnier conditions during the period. Rainfall should be near to slightly below average, with northern parts of the UK retaining the greatest chance of rain or showers and generally more changeable conditions. Temperatures should remain around or above normal for most, but possibly very warm in southern England.

Finally, a very warm summer for us in NW Europe! What's the weather like where you are?

6 comments:

Karen said...

It has been nothing short of abject misery here. On Saturday (the day we spend six hours at the swim meet) it was 102 with high humidity. The news says the heat index was 110 (although I never really did understand heat index). A storm blew in Sunday night and I was surprised yesterday at how (after weeks of 100+ temps) pleasant 90F felt.

Tinsie said...

Awwww 90F would be fantastic - and I don't care about the humidity. The average summer temperature in London over the last few years has been a paltry 60F, so anything over 75F seems blissful to me.

Athens was great - 100F and low humidity, you can't beat it!

Gattina said...

Same as yours ! only a little cooler now, 22°C today but last week we had over 30°C ! It's great ! I have been twice to the Belgian coast spending the day and I hope it will be like that in August, because I will go to Eastbourne on August 10 til 18 staying with my friends.

Lowell said...

Well, I hope the rest of your summer is warm and sunny. If you like heat, you'd probably like Florida...our temps run in the mid-90s now, with relatively high humidity...it does get down into the low 70s at night, though, and we often get rain showers in the late afternoon which cools things down some.

Tinsie said...

@ Gattina: I think you're in with a chance this year :-)

@ Jacob: Florida summers sound too wet for my liking. I was once there in late spring - lower temps and no rain, that's more my thing.

ShadowFalcon said...

I agree its finaly shaping up to be a nice summer in London. Its been ages. Lets make the most of it