Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Another one of those days

Today was a tough day. I was on my feet non-stop from 8:45 AM to 4:45 PM and my head felt fuzzy when I left the office. Admittedly that could have been hunger - or sugar overload, as once again I skipped lunch and had 3 cookies instead (one chocolate, one cherry, one toffee popcorn). Or it could have been that I'd not had any fresh air or natural daylight all day.

I'm on a residential training course tomorrow and Thursday, and on some sort of site visit on Friday. I don't like most of the people on my course, but we'll spend 10+ hours a day cooped up in some conference facility outside London, bonding and learning about ourselves. I need to work some more tonight to make up for the "downtime", so I brought the laptop home (which I hate doing). Life sucks sometimes.

On the plus side, I had a little snooze when I got home so I'm feeling a bit more clear-headed now, Tesco delivered our groceries with just one substitution (so hubby won't starve while I'm away), I had a delicious mug of cappuccino to pick me up, and Battlestar Galactica's about to start.

Oh and the days are definitely getting longer. I noticed it was still just about light when I got home this evening :-)

3 comments:

Margarita said...

Boo for work overload!
Yay for light after work!

Sarah said...

Everyone's doing the Battlestar thing! (I admit to having watched the last 2 on TV even though I am still watching the earlier seasons on DVD... I shouldn't spoil it, but I just have to watch)

Tinsie said...

You bet we are!
Welcome to my blog :-)